Wednesday, February 24, 2016

#49 Butterflies + G is for Glitter and/or Grape

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #48  are in the post below.
65 entries. I was overwhelmed.

Thankyou all so much for playing 
in my 2nd Anniversary challenge .
You make it all worthwhile. 


We have started a brand new set of letters and themes.
I've introduced  a new mix into the challenge too!!

 Each challenge will be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies  with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.

Along with this letter will be a corresponding  colour.

You may choose to use just the letter /theme + butterfly
or use the colour + butterfly.
If you make your project 
using both the letter and the colour + butterfly
you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win 
an additional prize.
So that's 2 chances to win  on each challenge.  

 My Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries.  

I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome
Margaret
(winner #44)

"Margaret (Granmargaret) 18/1/2016
I am 70 and live in Sydney, Australia with my husband Tony.  I have two daughters and four granddaughters.  I was made redundant at work at the end of January 2013 so after working for 53 years I am now retired.  
I started stamping and making cards in 1995 and started scrapbooking about 1999 and making ATCs in 2005.  I am still a cute stamper.  My favourite colours are purples and pinks. I started my blog in April 2012 with the help of cyber friends and started joining challenges to give me ideas for my cards and then was excited to be invited to join some design teams.  I have lots of rubber and clear stamps but use mostly digital stamps now as they are easier on my sore hands.
I am group Mum on some yahoo stamping groups
I suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis and have eye problems so spend my days making cards, a little scrapbooking and talking to my cyber friends on the internet.  This helps take my mind off the pain. 
I have made many more cyber friends since starting my blog.
My eldest daughter Lynda and I are cancer survivors and we thank God for every day and for all our friends who pray for us.
I was excited to be asked to be guest designer for Butterfly challenge as I love butterflies and this is one of my favourite challenges.
I hope you will join in the challenge."

Margaret has chosen 

#49  Butterflies + G is for Glitter
with the additional option of  G is for the colour Grape

So I would like to see glittter of some sort on your project 
along with your Butterfly/ies of course.

If you would like to use the additional option
then here is a paint chip to give you an idea of the colour. 


Margaret has made two lovely cards
to help get your ideas flowing. 






Margaret says
For card 1- I used two papers from JC Sweet Pea "Grape Escape" paper set and a precoloured image from Gecko Galz "Flower Fairies Collage Sheet 1".  Butterflies from Digital Scrapbooking Studio.  Sentiment from Ginger's House blog.  Added rhinestones.  Added glitter around image.

Card 2 - I printed Ching Chou-Kuik digi stamp "So Long Yesterday" onto white card and coloured with chalks, markers and glitter pens.  Layered onto jac paper, covered background with glitter and layered all onto purple card.  Added punched butterfly.


Absolutely perfect  Margaret..

Please visit Margaret on her blog to see them in detail.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #49.

Please take your New Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.




 You can see more details over on my blog.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either



(A) Gold/Yellow/ Orange selection 

or

(b)  Pink selection 


or 
$10 gift certificate from

Raspberry Road.


The additional prize available if
using both  Glitter and the colour Grape
+your butterfly
is 

Sizzix Thinlits Die  659117


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

27 comments:

Veerle said...

All 3 are wonderful and inspirational cards. Another great challenge too. Hugs, Veerle x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Mrs. A. Thank you so much for inviting me to be guest designer for this challenge.
Best wishes
Granmargaret’s cards ‘n’ stuff – My personal Blog!

mamapez5 said...

Some lovely cards to get us started. I like the colour for this challenge and of course, I do like to add a bit of glittery bling, so I look forward to making a card. Kate x

terrie said...

Congrats Margaret for being the designer guest...enjoy
Great challenge with the letter "G"
Also congrats to all the winners.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats to Granmargaret!

Di said...

Squeal! I'm first in - purely by good luck for once! Wonderful cards Mrs A and lovely prizes too. I don't have glitter but I do have grape - just playing for fun thanks.

Hugs

Di xx

K M Meena Herale said...

Hello..my first entry to this challenge...

Darnell said...

Congratulations to Margaret!How lovely to get to know her better! And wowza, great inspiration from you lovely ladies! I'm just playing for fun and hope it is okay that my glitter is ON my wee butterfly! Hugs, Darnell

Hettie said...

Well done to the winners. Lovely cards for inspiration.
Hugs
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards here, if mine does not have enough glitter, just delete...xx

Donna Ellis said...

Love your pretty projects AND the theme! I've put a big blurb about your challenge with a link in the top portion of my blog. Thanks for introducing your guest designer and her pretty creations! hugs, de

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards and lovely to see Granmargaret as guest designer. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Farnborough today
jane

KT Fit Kitty said...

I am loving all things purple lately so I was completely inspired by your challenge! Of course, I've always loved glitter so I went with both themes. Thank you for the awesome inspiration! Love the featured cards! Congrats to Margaret on her GD!

KandA said...

Wonderful inspiration from you and Margaret xx

Veerle said...

So glad I'm in time now. And I managed to use both criteria, glitter and grape colour.
Hugs Veerle x

Karenladd said...

I am loving these color challenges so much but I have to say that the addition of glitter was a stretch for me! I love seeing it on other's cards but have a love/hate relationship with the sparkly stuff myself. Thank you so much for the tip on my Flickr acct. to use double-sided adhesive paper. I have a lot of unused loose glitter in my stash so may have to give that a try.

Jenny Marples said...

What a great challenge! So glad I could enter. Jenny x

Janis said...

Awwww, Karen.....what's the matter? Don't like a sparkling cloud of fairy dust following you wherever you go? Ha. I've only been in my new craft room for a couple of months and the nooks and crannies between the laminate already has a permanent sparkle! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Janis said...

Wonderful challenge theme. I have a couple ideas in my head. Hoping glittery embossing powder works for the glitter.

Congrats to Granmargaret. Lovely work!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Doris Klein said...

Wonderful DT creations and inspirations. That's a perfect challenge and a awesome blog... I lvoe butterflies!!!! Thanks for this and hugs

Doris

Barb said...

Great inspiration from Mrs A and Margaret. Thank you for another fun challenge. Barbxx

AlisonC said...

I've made it with days to spare and can't wait to see all the cards here. Lovely colour choice. Thanks Margaret and Mrs A.

Craftychris said...

Wonderful inspiration from yourself and Margaret! I have managed to enter this time - Ysy! I have done glitter and grape but you can't see the grape colour very well in the photo so it may not count! xxx

Lynn said...

Wonderful cards. Great colour choice. Lynn

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work, Mrs A. on your challenge blog,You really do a wodnerful job!
And sadly I fear I may not get back again this fortnight.. to much on my plate again, it fills up too fast!
I would love to branch out .. just may we will see..

Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Pat said...

Three really pretty cards Mrs A and a fabulous colour choice. Thank you to Margaret for giving us some great inspration and thank you to you for coming up with some great challenge ideas and for making such pretty cards too. I am playing just for fun this time. x

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really ! This post will be effectively Just about everything looks good displayed.
-------------------------
White card qld